Sunday, April 19, 2009

I wish i could open up....

I really want to be surrounded by meaningful relationships, real conversations, or as I hear a lot now a days 'authentic community'.

I find people fascinating, I mean the whole idea of what it is to be an individual is just mind blowing. Everyone comes from different back rounds with different experiences. I want to learn about those experiences, share my own. Just really get to know and love people.

Also I don't understand the pressures put on the guy/girl relationship dynamics. I feel as though I cannot hang out with someone around my age without hearing some comment from someone about it evolving into a romantic relationship. I totally understand the comments but I wish that there wasn't a constant pressure to date or to be constantly looking for a wife. I very much want to get married someday, I am so very excited for that day. But God has not blessed me in that area of my life yet and that's perfectly fine by me. There is this girl i know that I think has the most pure heart our of anyone I have met in a long time, she is brilliantly smart and quick witted, and to top it off I think she is very beautiful. In the past i feel as though I would have put myself out there and tried pursuing a relationship. But that has never worked for me before, judging by my past relationships, I have always been to focused on the relationship and not the friendship and getting to really know the person, I was selfish. I care much more about having a friend and understanding that person than anything else.

God has such an awesome plan for me, even if it means not ever getting married. I want to marry my best friend so I now firmly believe that friendship is all I need to pursue. Now I know eventually I am going to have to put my self out there and pursue a girl, but I don't want it to be someone I just met 2 days ago. In Song of Solomon it says "do not stir nor waken love until it pleases' and lately that has resonated with me. Even though I am attracted to this amazing person, its not the time, and she might not even be the person.....and so its win/win for me, either eventually God says its time to do/say something or He doesn't and I still have a great friendship that I greatly value. Win/Win

Psalm 73:25-26 "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

That is my heart completely.......

"My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come. A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

John 13:33-35

1 comment: